Follow these instructions to download and install your upgrade to ipMonitor v9.
To download ipMonitor v9:
1. Log on to http://support.solarwinds.com with your SolarWinds account.
Note: Your SolarWinds account information is included in the email sent to you informing you of the ipMonitor 9 release.
2. Click Download & Upgrades in the Support Overview column.
3. Click ipMonitor v9 IPMxxxx in the Current Releases list.
A download window appears.
4. Click an appropriate download link to download the appropriate installation bundle.
The installation bundle is a .zip file.
Before Installing ipMonitor v9:
1. Back up your old ipMonitor installation.
Note: In ipMonitor 8.5, the Backup command is located on the Settings menu. Be sure to specify encryption credentials.
2. Record the Windows account details used by your current ipMonitor service. If it is not LocalSystem, you may be required to restore this account information.
To install ipMonitor v9:
1. Extract the .zip installation bundle to your hard drive.
2. Run the ipm9setup_xxxx.exe install program.
Note: Do not uninstall your previous ipMonitor version.