In order to upgrade from ipMonitor 7 to 9, you will need to perform the following:
1. Perform an in-place upgrade from ipMonitor 7 to 9
2. Migrate the statistics from ipMonitor 7 database to ipMonitor 9 database.
Before starting this procedure, please make sure that you have acquired the following software programs.
ipMonitor Database Conversion Assistant
After the above software programs have been acquired, complete the migration using the following instructions.
1. Run the ipMonitor 9 installation bundle on the ipMonitor 7 server.
2. Ensure that ipMonitor 9 is re-licensed after the upgrade is complete by using the same activation tutorial.
3. Log in to the ipMonitor 9 Web interface to verify that all ipMonitor objects have been migrated successfully. Note: Some components, such as "Credentials" may need to be re-created since ipMonitor 9 has added new Credential features.
4. Run the ipMonitor Database Conversion Utility on the ipMonitor server. Ensure that:
a. The "db", "indexed" and "archived" (if applicable) directories should be displayed. If not, click "Add" and browse to their appropriate location.
b. Click "Next" and allow the wizard to complete the conversion.
c. Review the results and click "Finish".
5. Remove the "Global Behavior Modifier" for ipMonitor 7 Legacy Reporting through the following process, if it exists.
a. Log in to the ipMonitor 8 Web interface, click on "Settings" and select "Server Settings".
b. Click on the "x" button next to the "historic.reporting.enable" variable.
c. Click "OK" to save the change
d. Restart ipMonitorSrv and ipMonitorRpt services from the Services Applet.
Let me know if you have any additional questions.