On the ipMonitor 8 system,
1. Stop the ipMonitorSrv service
2. Copy the ipMonitor 8 installation directory to the new system. This is typically (c:\program files\ipMonitor8\)
3. Start the ipMonitorSrv service
On the new system,
4. Delete the following file:
5. Install ipMonitor 9 (full version downloaded from SolarWinds Customer Portal) on top of the copied ipMonitor8 directory.
It should be running as a trial for 21 days and 1000 Monitors.
At this point everything should be migrated with the exception of your Credentials. Here's what you need to do:
6. Login to the ipMonitor 8 web interface.
7. Click Automation -> Maintenance Schedules -> Recurring Internal Maintenance.
8. Ensure that "Archive ipMonitor Configuration" is selected and make sure a Credential is specified within the "Backup Credential" box.
9. Click "Backup Now".
10. Copy the backup file to the ipMonitor 9 system and run the following exe:
11. Point it to the backup file and enter the password for the backup credential.
Everything should now be migrated.
All you need to do now is move your license. Here's how:
12. Run the ipMonitor 8 configuration utility (ipMonitor8\ipm8config.exe) on the old system, click "Software Licensing" and click "Park License". Go through the wizard to park the license.
13. Run the ipMonitor 9 configuration utility (ipMonitor8\ipm9config.exe) on the new system, click "Software Licensing" and click "Click here to license". Go through wizard to license the installation.
That should be all. You can now uninstall the ipMonitor 8 installation.