This article provides steps to move a licensed installation of ipMonitor 10.
On the old system:
- Stop the
- Copy the ipMonitor installation directory to the new system. The default location is
- 3. Start the
On the new system:
- Install ipMonitor on top of the copied ipMonitor directory.
It should be running as a trial for 21 days and 500 Monitors.
Everything should be migrated with the exception of your credentials.
Migrate your credentials
- Log in to the old ipMonitor installation web interface.
- Click Configuration > Scheduled Maintenance Tasks > Recurring Internal Maintenance.
- Verify that the Archive ipMonitor Configuration option is selected.
- Verify that a credential is specified in Encryption Credential.
- Click Backup Now.
- Copy the backup file to the new ipMonitor system.
-\ipMonitor\ipmrestore.exe and point it to the backup file.
- Enter the password for the backup credential.
Migrate your license
- Run the SolarWinds License Manager on the old system.
- Select ipMonitor and click Deactivate.
- Confirm License Deactivation.
- When License Deactivate Results displays, click Close.
- On the new system, go to Start > All Programs > SolarWinds ipMonitor > click Enter License Information.
- Enter your Activation Key, and then click Next.
- Fill in your information, and click Next > Finish.
You can now uninstall the ipMonitor installation on the old system.