The following steps describe how to setup a client certificate to monitor a website.
1. Prepare the client certificate on the ipMonitor server.
- a. Log into the ipMonitor server with the Windows account associated with the client certificate.
- b. Request and install the required client certificate on the ipMonitor server. Make note of the Subject specified by the Client Certificate.
Note: The web server and the ipMonitor server have to request certificates from the same CA authority.
- c. Open a web browser and access the related HTTPS page to verify that the client certificate is accepted by the web server.
2. Once the above steps are complete, make the following change to the ipMonitor service account.
- a. Open the ipMonitor configuration utility: Start -> Programs -> SolarWinds ipMonitor -> Configure ipMonitor
- b. Select Service Settings and change the service account to the same account that was used to install the client certificate.
- c. Click OK and then click Yes or OK to any pop-up boxes that appear.
3. Log in to the ipMonitor Web interface and setup the following behavior modifier.
- a. Click the Configuration tab and click System Settings, then click Global Behavior Modifiers.
- b. Click the Add button and enter the following behavior modifier name and value, monitoring.https.certificate.enable = 1
4. Make the following change to the HTTPS Monitor in the Web interface.
- a. Click on Monitors and click on the HTTPS Monitor name, or create a new HTTPS Monitor.
- b. After specifying all other parameters, enter the Client Certificate (Subject) identified in step 1.
- c. Click Apply to save settings.
- d. Click the top Force Test button in order to test again.