Updated March 11th, 2016
On the ipMonitor 8 system
- Stop the ipMonitorSrv service
- Copy the ipMonitor installation directory
- from > c:\program files\ipMonitor8\ on the old ipMonitor 8 system
- to > c:\program files\solarwinds\ipMonitor\ on the soon-to-be ipMonitor 9 system.
- NOTE:This will require that you create the solarwinds directory within Program Files and that you rename \ipMonitor8\ to \ipMonitor\ once it is copied over.
- Start the ipMonitorSrv service
On the new ipMonitor 9 system,
- Delete the following file:
- Install ipMonitor 9 on top of the copied ipMonitor directory. The installation will default to c:\program files\solarwinds\ipMonitor\.
At this point everything should be migrated with the exception of your Credentials. Here's what you need to do:
- Login to the old ipMonitor intallation web interface.
- Click Automation -> Maintenance Schedules -> Recurring Internal Maintenance.
- Ensure that "Archive ipMonitor Configuration" is selected and make sure a Credential is specified within the "Backup Credential" box.
- Click "Backup Now".
- Copy the backup file to the new ipMonitor system and run the following exe:
- -c:\program files\solarwinds\ipMonitor\ipm9restore.exe
- Point it to the backup file and enter the password for the backup credential.
Everything should now be migrated.
All you need to do now is move your license. Here's how:
- Run the ipMonitor configuration utility (c:\program files\ipMonitor8\ipm8config.exe) on the old system, click "Software Licensing" and click "Park License". Go through the wizard to park the license. Please note that the indirect method must be used.
- Run the ipMonitor configuration utility (c:\program files\solarwinds\ipMonitor\ipm9config.exe) on the new system, click "Software Licensing" and click "Click here to license". Go through the wizard to license the installation.
That should be all. You can now uninstall the ipMonitor 8 installation on the old system.