You can run ipMonitor on a computer that is running other web server software, but the two programs cannot share the same IP address and port combination.
ipMonitor uses port 8080 and port 443 as its default web server ports. If the existing web server is already binding to all IP addresses assigned to the computer on ports 8080 or 443, then you must change the conflicting ipMonitor web server ports.
To resolve an ipMonitor web server port conflict:
1. Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds ipMonitor > Configure ipMonitor
2. On the ipMonitor 9.0 Configuration Program window, click Communications: Web Server Ports.
3. Select the conflicting port, and then click Edit.
4. In the Port(TCP) box, enter an unused port number.
5. If this is supposed to a secured communication path, select the Enable SSL option.
This article applies to: