The Recorder window is split into two panes:
- The left-hand pane records your browser actions.
- The right-hand pane is the Time Line that shows you what actions have been recorded. It also allows you to edit your actions while still recording.
When a recording is being captured, a red box surrounds what is being recorded.
WPM does not record the contents of XML pages.
Running the Recorder for the first time
- The Recorder uses the Internet Explorer settings including web proxy. The Recorder web browser uses the settings and security level of the Internet Explorer browser of the computer it is installed on.
- If your web site requires the browser to accept cookies, or if you need to connect to the Internet through a web proxy, these are settings you must make in Internet Explorer.
- If the security level of the browser is too high, the Recorder will ask for permission to lower the security settings to the recommended level.
- Disable browser integration for Adobe Acrobat Reader if it is installed. If it is installed, the recorder will prompt you to disable the browser integration type.
- If you use Internet Explorer 9.0, change the .zip Windows file association. Internet Explorer 9.0 handles .zip files in a manner that is incompatible with the Recorder. As a workaround, install a third-party .zip utility such as WinZip or 7zip to change the .zip file association.
Common recording actions
Depending on which action is enabled, you will see different options available in the recorder menu.
Menu during a recording:
- Add Wait Time
- X, Y Capture Mode
- Start Conditional Block
- Text Verification
- Image Verification
- Image Verification with click sequence
Menu when recording is stopped:
- Play Recorded Sequence
- Play Step-By-Step
- Insert Wait Time
- Insert Text Verification
- Insert Image Verification