Beginning with version 2.0, Synthetic-end User Monitor (SEUM) has been renamed to Web Performance Monitor (WPM). These release notes provide additional guidance for WPM 2.0.
New Features and Improvements
WPM 2.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- Name change from SeUM to WPM. Beginning with version 2.0, Synthetic-end User Monitor (SEUM) has been renamed to Web Performance Monitor (WPM) to better reflect the software's ability.
- Added Support. Both the Player and Recorder now support Windows 8 and Windows 2012.
- New charts and resources:
- All Locations Resource - This resource shows all the locations where players exist, in grid format.
- Min/Max Average Duration Resource - This chart lets you compare the average amount of time an individual transaction or step takes with the longest and shortest times that the transaction or step takes to complete.
- Page Elements Overview Chart - The Page Elements Overview displays the breakdown of elements contained in the navigated URL.
- Player Load Percentage Chart - The Player Load Percentage Chart lets you see the load percentage of an individual player at any given time.
- Requests with Issues Resource - This resource lets you see which specific URLs caused which type of error.
- Step Availability Resource - The Step Availability Chart lets you see the percentage of time a step is in a particular state.
- Step Details Resource - This resource provides details about individual steps, such as name, list of actions, and so on.
- Step Duration Resource - The Step Duration Chart lets you see the amount of time an individual step of a transaction takes to complete.
- TCP Waterfall Chart - The TCP Waterfall chart lets you see all requests that were made by a particular page and provides detail timings for each of these requests.
- Top XX Locations by Duration - This chart will display the duration of a transaction or step as it is played from multiple locations.
- Top XX Transactions by Duration Resource - The Top XX Transactions by Duration Chart lets you see the amount of time an entire transaction took to complete.
- Transaction Health Overview Chart - This resource gives you a status snapshot of all your transactions and allows you to drill down to the individual transaction and location.
- Transaction Availability Resource - The Transaction Availability Chart lets you see the percentage of time a transaction is in a particular state.
- Transaction Details Resource - This resource gives you a detailed view of a particular transaction.
- The ability to unmanage transactions. Users now have the ability to unmanage transactions using the Unmanage Scheduling Utility or unmanaging transactions from the Web Console.
- The ability to change the file upload path. When editing an upload action, the user can right-click and select this option from the context menu.
- Match Content has been added to the context menu. When editing an action, the user can right-click and select this option from the context menu.
- Re-Apply Default Thresholds button added. From the Web Console, a user can opt to re-apply the default thresholds, overriding custom ones.
- Step URL is opened in a new tab/window. When a step URL is clicked, the URL is opened in a new tab/window.
- SQL 2012. WPM now supports SQL 2012.
- WPM Administrator role. Users now have the ability to define a WPM Administrator role independent of the Orion Administrator role.
- Proxy support. Added ability to define proxy per transaction to override default proxy settings on the player computer.
- Player updates. Automatic updating of players in remote locations is now supported.
- Image matching performance has been improved. The alogorithm for image matching has been optimized for performance.
- Image verification has been improved. Users now have the ability to add image verification to a particular step in an existing recording.
- Manage Recordings Page Improvement. Users now have the ability to edit text entered in the text field from the Manage Recordings screen.
- Network player deployment. Users now have the ability to remotely deploy players to other hosts on their network from within the WPM web console.
- Additional Columns added to Web Console. Two columns were added to the Web Console and hidden by default: Frequency, and Description.
- HTML Error Codes. A decription of HTML error codes is now provided when encountered.
- New Reports. WPM: Player Location Availability & WPM: Transaction Step Variance.
- Step Request Alerts. Ability to trigger alerts on step requests.
- XY Mode improvements. XY Mode now supports Java.
- Java Versions. Users can now compare versions of Java between the recorder and the player.
- Editing Improvements. Advanced Editing of Recording while in Recorder is now supported.
- Transaction tab. The Transaction tab has been renamed to, Web.
- Screenshots Users now have the ability to disable the capturing of screenshots when editing a transaction monitor.
- Image Preview. Image Preview added to hovering tool tips on the Step Details Resource.
- Six new alerting macros added:
- StepsWithStatus - All steps with status separated by a comma
- StepsWithProblems - Steps with problems separated by a comma
- StepsWithStatusFormatted - All steps with status, separated by CRLF (Email)
- StepsWithProblemsFormatted - Steps with problems separated by CRLF (Email)
- StepsWithStatusFormattedHtml - All steps with status separated by a <br/>
- StepsWithProblemsFormattedHtml - Steps with problems separated by a <br/>
Copyright 1995-2012 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved worldwide.
No part of this document may be reproduced by any means nor modified, decompiled, disassembled, published or distributed, in whole or in part, or translated to any electronic medium or other means without the written consent of SolarWinds. All right, title, and interest in and to the software and documentation are and shall remain the exclusive property of SolarWinds and its respective licensors.
SOLARWINDS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER TERMS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, ON SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION FURNISHED HEREUNDER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL SOLARWINDS, ITS SUPPLIERS, NOR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY EVEN IF SOLARWINDS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The SolarWinds, the SolarWinds & Design, ipMonitor, LANsurveyor, Orion, and other SolarWinds marks, identified on the SolarWinds website, as updated from SolarWinds from time to time and incorporated herein, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other SolarWinds trademarks may be common law marks or registered or pending registration in the United States or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks contained and/or mentioned herein are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Microsoft®, Windows® and SQL Server® are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.