The number of worker processes may be changed using the SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Service.exe.config file. However, SolarWinds does not recommend this.
SolarWinds strongly recommends that you only edit the SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Service.exe.config file as instructed. Any additional modifications to this file may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
- Stop the WPM Player service.
- Navigate to the WPM installation folder. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SEUM\Player.
Create a backup of the SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Service.exe.config file, in case you need to rollback later.
- Open the SolarWinds.SEUM.Agent.Service.exe.config file in a text editor.
- Locate the <agentConfiguration> element.
- Change the attribute numWorkerProcesses="7" to numWorkerProcesses=X (where X is the number of preferred worker processes up to a max of 15).
Note: On remote players, the default number of worker processes is 7. On the Primary Orion Poller, the default number is 2.
- Save the changes and start the WPM Player service.