Install the update
- Log in to WHD as an administrator.
- Stop WHD.
- Unzip the APN certificate zip file to a directory on your WHD server. It should contain the PushNotificationProductionCertificate.p12 certificate file.
- Back up your existing APN certificate file.
- Go to (WebHelpDesk)\bin\webapps\helpdesk\WEB-INF\lib
- In the lib directory, back up the whd-web.jar file to a separate directory.
- Create a new whd-web.jar file that includes the new APN certificate.
- In the (WebHelpDesk)\bin\webapps\helpdesk\WEB-INF\lib directory, change the whd-web.jar file name to whd-web.zip
Note: On some Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, deselect the Hide extensions for known file types option in File Explorer before you can change a file extension.
- On your WHD system, create a new directory called Temp.
- Extract the whd-web.zip file into the Temp directory.
Note: When you are extracting a zip file in OSX GUI by double-clicking on whd-web.zip file there is no option to extract to specific directory. The files are extracted to /Users/[user_name]/Downloads/whd-web directory.
- When completed, the extracted files should include the Resources directory.
- Open the Temp\Resources directory.
Note: If you are using OSX GUI, open the /Users/[user_name]/Downloads/whd-web/Resources directory
- Copy the PushNotificationProductionCertificate.p12 file to the Resources directory, overwriting the current file.
- Close the Resources directory.
- Using a third-party file compression tool (such as 7-zip), select all files and subfolders in the Temp directory and create a new file called whd-web.zip
- If Web Help Desk is installed on a Windows system, DO NOT send the files to a compressed (zipped) folder using the native Windows file compression utility.
- For OS X systems, If you are using OSX GUI select all files and subfolders in the /Users/[user_name]/Downloads/whd-web/ directory, right click on them and select compress XX items. New Archive.zip file will be created.
- For OS X systems, DO NOT create the compressed file in Terminal using the zip tool. This process can damage the JAR package. Use the native zip tool in the graphical user interface or a third-party tool.
- Rename the new whd-web.zip file to whd-web.jar
Note: If you are using OSX GUI you need to rename the Archive.zip file to whd-web.jar
- In File Explorer, re-select the Hide extensions for known file types option.
Note: On some Microsoft Windows operating systems, you must deselect the Hide extensions for known file types option in File Explorer before you can change a file extension.
- Copy the new whd-web.jar file to the (WebHelpDesk)\bin\webapps\helpdesk\WEB-INF\libdirectory.
- Delete the Temp directory and its contents.
Note: If you were using OSX GUI then delete /Users/[user_name]/Downloads/whd-web
- In the(WebHelpDesk)\bin\webapps\helpdesk\WEB-INF\lib directory, delete the following file you renamed in a previous step: whd-web.zip
- Start Web Help Desk.
The APN certificate is installed on your Web Help Desk system.
When this is correctly applied, you should start seeing the push notifications come through.