After upgrading SolarWinds Web Help Desk from 12.1.0 to 12.4.0, the application may not start properly, generating
- Back up your Web Help Desk deployment.
- Locate your installation package.
- Right-click the package and select Unblock.
The package is ready to be installed in your Web Help Desk deployment.
- Uninstall Web Help Desk.
- Restore the
.whd.properties file to bring back the database configuration.
- Apply your new Web Help Desk license using offline activation.
The online activation process will fail.
- Install the Web Help Desk upgrade.
- Increase the RAM assigned to the Java server to 6GB.
- Change the default port from 8081 to 80.
- Restart Web Help Desk.
- Verify that Web Help desk is available using your URL.
Web Help Desk is installed in your deployment
See the Web Help Desk Getting Started Guide and WHD Upgrade Guide for more information.