You can configure Web Help Desk to periodically discover assets stored in SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), Server & Application Monitor (SAM), and Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
Before you begin, locate the following information:
- SolarWinds Orion Platform system IP address and port number
- SolarWinds Orion Platform login and password
- System database’s login and password
To configure Web Help Desk to discover assets stored in SolarWinds NPM, SAM, or NCM:
- In the toolbar, click Setup.
- Select Assets > Discovery Connections.
- Click New.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a name for the new connection.
- Click the Discovery Tool drop-down menu and select one of the following, depending on which connection you want to discover your assets:
- SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
- SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
To discover your assets using more than one SolarWinds product, you must configure separate discovery connections for each product.
- Enter the NPM, SAM, or NCM database host name, port number, database name, user name, and password.
- Complete the remaining fields as required.
For more information about any field, see the tooltips.
- Click the Attribute Mapping tab, and map the asset fields as appropriate. All bold selections are required.
- Click Save.
- To view the imported assets, on the toolbar, click Assets > Search.