VoIP and Network Quality Manager creates multiple new sessions on the Avaya Call Manager in a short period of time.
The default polling frequency for the Avaya Call Manager is 5 minutes, and the default phone batch size for Avaya is 50. With these values, the statistical polling occurs every 5.76 seconds, and during each polling occurrence, a new session is created in the Avaya Communication Manager.
Modify the following in the database to reduce the number newly created sessions.
Warning: SolarWinds strongly recommends that you only edit database tables as instructed. Any additional modifications to the database may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
- Reduce the polling frequency from the default 5 minute:
- In the Orion Web Console, click Settings > VoIP & Quality Settings > Edit VoIP & Network Quality Manager settings.
- In the Call Manager section, increase the Polling Interval to 180, 300, or 480 minutes.
- Additionally, increase the value of the "CCMAvayaPhoneBatchSize" entry in the VoIPConfig table. Run the following command, and replace X with 500 or 750, depending on the size of your environment:
UPDATE dbo.VoipConfig SET VALUE=X where Name='CCMAvayaPhoneBatchSize'
- Depending on the phone count in your environment, increase the value of the "CCMMaxPhones" entry in the VoIPConfig table from the default value of 2500.
Run the following command, and replace the value X with the phone count corresponding to your environment. For example, if you have multiple call managers with connected phones, select the call manager with the maximum number of phones, and use that phone count as the value for X.
UPDATE dbo.VoipConfig SET VALUE=X where Name='CCMMaxPhones'
- After applying these changes, restart the SolarWinds Orion services in the Orion Service Manager.