Resource management is a constant evaluation and allocation of storage and resources across a virtual environment. With vCenter and Hyper-V systems, you review historical data and use native tools to properly size and manage virtual resources.
Virtualization Manager and the Orion Platform provide a single console to take action with integrated management tools, alerts, and one-click recommendations to resolve issues without manual steps.
Using VMAN, you can:
- Verify and balance allocations for VMs. Over-allocated systems can be rebalanced to provide resources to under-allocated systems.
- Determine and resolve issues with performance and allocated resources for clusters, hosts, datastores, and VMs to handle performance-intensive CPU and memory loads.
- Review and redistribute VMs across the entire environment to balance storage and performance for hosts and clusters.
You can view triggered recommendations and alerts through the Orion Web Console to manage resources:
- Recommendations provide resolutions to active issues in your environment and predictive optimizations to resolve potential issues. Each recommendation includes a detailed list of automated actions when applied, such as moving VMs and reallocating resources for CPU contention or critical levels of CPU usage.
- Alerts identify immediate issues and system status in your environment, comparing condition triggers against polled data and thresholds.
- As recommendations and alerts trigger, you can further customize triggers by customizing virtualization thresholds.