This article is specific to VMware. On Hyper-V, time synchronization is enabled by default.
If the clock of the virtual appliance is not synchronized with the clock of the host, it might not be possible to log in to Virtualization Manager due to the time mismatch.
By using VMware Tools, you can synchronize the clock of the virtual machine with that of the host.
To enable clock synchronization, follow either of the following two procedures.
- Right-click the virtual machine in the vSphere Client.
- Select Edit Settings.
- Go to the Options tab, and then select VMware Tools from the left pane.
- Select the Synchronize guest time with host option.
- Log in to the virtual appliance through ssh.
- Type either of the following commands:
- Type /usr/bin/vmware-toolbox-cmd timesync status to check the synchronization status.
- Type /usr/bin/vmware-toolbox-cmd timesync enable to enable the synchronization.
- Type /usr/bin/vmware-toolbox-cmd timesync disable to disable the synchronization.