Updated September 1, 2016
Collections are working fine and you are not seeing all the hosts that you should be seeing in VMAN even after verifying that you can see them in the vSphere console using the credentials used for polling.
Duplicate BIOS IDs that get picked up during polling will be counted as the same host so VMAN ignores one. This is usually caused by cloning host configurations and it not being changed afterwards.
- Open Admin console > SolarWinds MgMt > Edit Configuration > hyper9-config.xml.
- Add the following line so that the XML format is not broken:
- Click Save.
- Go to SolarWinds MgMt > Status > Restart Virtualization Manager.
- When the application is restarted, run Configuration and Performance Collection and wait until the jobs are finished.
- Verify that the missing hosts are present