This article describes how to install a HotFix on VMAN.
- The VMAN HotFix version must be the same as your VMAN version. For example, you cannot install a VMAN 6.3.1 HotFix on a VMAN 6.3.0 version. You will need to upgrade the VMAN server first to version 6.3.1 before you can install the VMAN 6.3.1 HotFix.
- The VMAN HotFix is cumulative, meaning the new VMAN HotFix contains the previous HotFix.
- VMAN only allows one HotFix installation. A previously installed HotFix must be uninstalled before the new HotFix is applied. For example, if there is already VMAN 6.3.1 HotFix 1 installed and you want to install VMAN 6.3.1 HotFix 2, then you will need to uninstall VMAN 6.3.1 HotFix 1 first before installing VMAN 6.3.1 HotFix 2. To verify, Check if there is a hotfix installed on VMAN.
- Log in to the SolarWinds Customer Portal.
- Go to My Downloads and download the VMAN HotFix.
- Log in to the VMAN Management Console (https://<VMAN IP address>:5480).
- On the SolarwindsMgmt tab, click Hotfix > Browse.
- Locate and select the downloaded VMAN Hotfix.
- Click Open > Upload file.
The Read Me file information will appear on the HotFix window and indicate that the installation was successful.