Updated December 5, 2016
The VMAN Administrator Console is inaccessible in a way that a user can only get into the login screen but fails to login regardless of account privilege.
VMAN version 6.x or later
Note: Double check if the two responsible services (daemons) are running.
1. SSH to the VMAN appliance.
2. Enter sudo su (to switch to root level user).
3. Enter the following command below to check on the status of the two involved services:
# /etc/init.d/vami-lighttp status
# /etc/init.d/vami-sfcbd status
4. If either or both are resulting to none running state, peform one or both of the following command below:
# /etc/init.d/vami-lighttp start
# /etc/init.d/vami-sfcbd start
5. If in case the above mentioned services cannot start accordingly, analyze which part of the error is missing or required and perform a YUM command to install/repair them
Example error for a vami-sfcdb that cannot run:
/opt/vmwaresbin/vami-sfcbd: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.6: cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory
The solution for this is to install libssl.so.6 to repair the missing shared object file using the command below:
# yum install libssl.so.6
Press Y to proceed and perform step 3 or 4 again to check the status or start the service.