This article provides instructions on how to create a report on VMAN for specific virtual machines. This article uses the 'Label' feature of VMAN to identify the VM's that you want to create the report.
- For this report, you need to create a label for the Application VM, then use that label for the report. The label helps identify your Application VM's on the report.
- This report for the application VM's for CPU, memory, and Network utilization for a period of one week.
To create the label:
- On the VMAN web console, search for the application VM's (at least one).
- On the search result, select the application VM and click the Label button (above the search result).
- Click + Add New Field and then click Create.
- Click the checkbox of the created Label and provide a value. Type in the value on the text box.
- Click Save changes on the bottom right hand corner of the Web Console.
Note: You can now apply this label to all of your selected application VM's. To apply the label, search for the application VM/s then select the VM/s and then click Label. Click on the checkbox of the created label, no need to create a new label, then provide a value. SolarWinds recommends to use a single value to all of your Application VM's
Tip: You can do a search using the Label for the VM's where you assigned the Label. Type in the search the Label followed by a column ':' then the value provided.
where: 'VM' is the created Label and 'Application' is the provided value.
Note: Label and the value is case sensitive.
To create the Report:
- Open the Web Console.
- Click the Reporting tab.
- Click Data export.
- On the left pane, for the 'Item type' select 'VM' and on the Search Query.
- Enter the created label and the value (see example above).
- On the right pane, click Add Attribute.
- For the CPU utilization, find vm.cpuload. Once selected, it provides you options for the period. Select 'Week' for weekly period of time.
- For the Memory utilization, find vm.memload. Once selected, it provides you options for the period. Select 'Week' for weekly period of time.
- For the Network utilization, find vm.netThroughput. Once selected, it provides you options for the period. Select 'Week' for weekly period of time.
- Click Run Export on the bottom right hand corner of the Web Console. Provide the name of the report and description.
- Once the report is completed. Download the report on your machine.