This article provides steps on how to change the NTP server on the VMAN server virtual appliance.
Note: VMAN keeps a backup of the NTP.conf file in case you need to roll back. This can be found in the SolarwindsMgmt > Edit Configuration and then select ntp.conf.
- Log in to the VMAN management console. For example, http://<VMAN IP address>:5480.
- Go to SolarwindsMgmt tab, and then click on the Edit Configuration button.
- In the drop down list box, select ntp.conf.
- Click Edit.
- Locate the server section. By default, the section should look like this:
- Add the ntp server using the IP address on the top part of the server's on the server section. The format should be: server <IP address of the ntp server> prefer
Note: the prefer switch will ensure that the added ntp server will be the prefered ntp server of VMAN.
- Click Save.
- Click the Restart button for VMAN to restart the ntpd service.
- Verify the changes. Go back to SolarwindsMgmt > Status. The NTP status should show the added NTP server's IP address.