Here's a quick fix for some False Alert issue that users may encounter if they have VMAN integrated to Orion.
- A False Alert about VMs and ESXi that has "NO HEARTBEAT" may fire simultaneously.
- This type of False Alert can be present both for Orion and VMAN alerting template.
The "indexAssociatedConfigSamples" properties in VMAN is turned OFF.
To resolve this:
- Try first to disable the VMAN integration to Orion.
- Log in to the VMAN web console and go to Setup > Advance Setup > System Properties.
- Locate the "IndexAssociatedConfigSamples" and change its value from FALSE to TRUE.
- Wait for the next collection jobs to complete or manually run them.
- Log in to the VMAN Configuration site (https://YourVMAN:5480) and reboot the appliance from there.
- Once everything in VMAN is back, log in to your Orion web console and enable the VMAN integration/sync.
The alert about VMs and ESXi with NO HEARTBEAT should no longer be triggered falsely.