Orion can be configured to communicate alerts using HTTP GET or POST functions. As an example, a URL may be used as an interface into a trouble ticket system, and, by correctly formatting the GET function, new trouble tickets may be created automatically. The following procedure configures Orion to use GET or POST HTTP functions to communicate alert information.
- Click , and then then click .
- Select either or to set the function that you want to use to communicate alert information.
- If you selected Use HTTP GET, enter the you want to GET.
- If you selected Use HTTP POST, enter the you want to POST, and then enter the .
- On the Time of Day tab enter the time period and select the days on which you want to activate your alert action.
If you want to enable alert escalation, open the Alert Escalation tab, and then check any of the following options, as appropriate for your alert:
- To disable the action when the alert has been acknowledged, check .
- To execute the action repeatedly, as long as the trigger condition exists, check and then provide an appropriate action execution interval.
- To delay alert action execution, check , and then provide an appropriate interval for the alert engine to wait after the alert condition is met before executing the alert action.
- If you are finished with the configuration of Orion to use HTTP GET or POST URL functions, click .