There are several circumstances where you may want to execute a program when a specific network event occurs. Use the Edit Execute Program Action window to specify the executable that should be started when the specified alert is triggered or reset, as shown in the following procedure.
External programs selected for this action must be executable using a batch file called from the command line.
- Click .
- Specify the batch file to execute, either by typing the complete path and name of the target file into the field or by clicking (), to browse your folder structure and select the target executable.
- Click , and then enter the time period when you want to execute the external program.
- Select the days on which you want to execute the external program.
Click , and then check any of the following options, as appropriate for your alert:
- To disable the action when the alert has been acknowledged, check .
- To execute the action repeatedly, while the trigger condition exists, check , and then provide an action execution interval.
- To delay alert action execution, check , and then provide the interval the alert engine should wait.
- If you are finished configuring your external program execution action, click OK.