The Network Sonar Discovery Results Wizard directs you through the selection of network devices for monitoring, and it opens whenever discovery results are requested, either when the Network Sonar Discovery Wizard completes or when either or is clicked for a selected discovery.
To work with the results of a Scheduled Discovery, see Manage scheduled discovery results.
The following steps detail the selection of discovered objects for monitoring in SolarWinds UDT.
- On the Device Types to Import page, check the device types you want SolarWinds UDT to monitor, and then click .
If you are not sure you want to monitor a specific device type, check the device type in question. If, later, you do not want to monitor a selected device, simply delete the device using Web Node Management. For more information, see Manage devices in the Web Console
- If you are discovering devices for an SolarWinds NPM installation, check the interface types you want SolarWinds UDT to monitor on the Interface Types to Import page, and then click .
- On the Volume Types to Import page, check the volume types you want SolarWinds UDT to monitor, and then click .
- If you want to import nodes, even when they are already known to be polled by another polling engine, check the option in the section.
- If you are discovering devices for a SolarWinds NPM installation, check valid states for imported interfaces on the NPM Import Settings page, and then click .
By default, SolarWinds UDT NPM imports interfaces that are discovered in an state. However, because interfaces may cycle off and on intermittently, the Import Settings page allows you to select interfaces found in or states for import as well.
- If there are any devices on the Import Preview that you do not ever want to import, check the device to ignore, and then click . Selected nodes are added to the Discovery Ignore List. For more information, see Use the discovery ignore list
- Confirm that the network objects you want to monitor are checked on the Import Preview page, and then click .
- If you are discovering devices for an SolarWinds NPM installation, after the import completes, click .