Updated November 23, 2016
SolarWinds only supports evaluations of SolarWinds UDT version 2.0 and higher on Windows 7. These versions of SolarWinds UDT install and enable IIS automatically.
All UDT versions
The following manual procedure is provided in case problems occur with the automatic IIS installation for Windows 7.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click Programs and Features and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Internet Information Services.
- Expand the category for Web Management Tools and check IIS 6 Management Compatibility. (To do this, you must expand IIS 6 Management Compatibility and then check all of the sub-options underneath.)
- Expand the category for World Wide Web Services.
- Expand the sub-category for Application Development Features and check ASP.NET. Note that this also checks several other options.
- Expand the category for Common HTTP Features and check Static Content.
- Expand the category for Security and check both Basic Authentication and Windows Authentication.
- Click OK.