Storage Resource Monitor is able to connect to the device but no compatible arrays were found.
This issue is triggered by any of the following issues:
- An incorrect device category (template) was chosen
- Device was unavailable during discovery, or the SMIS provider itself could be unavailable. To test this you can use either the built-in Solarwinds CIM Browser tool from the Orion server: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SRM or you can use the TestSMIProvider.bat file to ensure connectivity
- The provider is installed but is not configured correctly to scan any devices. For more information on configuring your array and provider, see Add Arrays to SRM.
- An unsupported version of the provider is being used. The version must should be 4.4 and later.
- Find out if your Storage Array has a SMI-S provider built into the array itself (some more recent storage arrays can detect this) or if the SMI-S provider is installed as a 3rd party Service on a server somewhere. For EMC for example it commonly uses a service called ECOM. Make sure ECOM services is turned on and the service didn't die. Sometimes a common issue is that the ECOM service can start and then stop right away. Make sure the ECOM service starts and stays running.
- Licensing can also cause this behavior. Check to make sure your license is large enough to accommodate a discovery. If necessary you can try unseating your license and reseating it to make sure the Orion module is calculating your License correctly and allows you to add an array.