Prerequisite: Back up the database
Before you upgrade, complete the following steps to back up the database.
- Stop the MySQL Service.
- Make a copy of the following directory and store it in a safe location outside of the Storage Manager installation directory:
Start the MySQL service and all Storage Manager services again before upgrading.
Upgrade Storage Manager Server on a Linux OS
- Log in as root.
- Execute the installation binary:
- When prompted, enter the following information:
- Destination Path: The path where you want to install the agent. A directory will be created underneath this path if it does not already exist.
- Agent Port: Correlates to the web services port that is used by the server to communicate with the agent. The default port '4319' is recommended.
- Server Trap Port: Also related to the agent setup, the 'Server Trap Port' must be set to the port listening on the server for incoming trap events. The default port '162' is recommended.
- Storage Manager database Password: The password needed to access the Storage Manager database. It is important to write it down and keep it in a safe place. This password is used by the Storage Manager services to access the Storage Manager database. It is NOT the password used to login to the GUI.
- To start the server, execute the following command:
Note: To stop the server, execute the following command: