Storage Manager Window Agents fail to collect asset information. Missing will be the Model, Manufacturer, Serial Number, and NIC (Network Interface Card) speed.
The following will avoid this issue:
- Make sure the actual physical NIC adapter has a name that starts with ‘Local Area.’
- The NIC adapter must be enabled. If it is disabled, Storage Manager will not report correct asset information for that Windows device.
- If there are multiple NIC adapters, Storage Manager will only report for the NIC that is listed first in the binding order.
This can be caused by any of the following:
- The Windows device has only one NIC adapter with the starting name of ‘Local Area,’ and that NIC is set to disabled.
- The Windows device has no NIC adapters with the starting name of ‘Local Area.’ The NIC speed shows as ‘NA’ on the display screen.
- The Windows device has a NIC adapter with the starting name of ‘Local Area’ yet this is not the actual physical NIC associated with the machine. In this case the wrong NIC speed is displayed.
- The Windows device has multiple NIC adaptors with the starting name of ‘Local Area.’ Storage Manager will display the NIC speed of the first adapter listed in the binding order.