An application monitor showing as DOWN when it finds the service in question, but it is disabled or not running.
This is due to one of the following:
- You are on a version previous to SAM 6.2.
- You have set your Windows Service Monitor from Status When Process is Not Running to Down.
- Navigate to the application monitor in question.
- Select Edit application monitor.
- Expand the Windows service monitor you want to modify.
- Under the Status when process is not running, set this to one of two options:
- Down - Use this status when it is a problem for this process to be Not Running.
- Not Running - This status is ignored when calculating the status of the application. Use this status when it is okay for this process to be Not Running.
Note: If you are running on a version earlier than SAM 6.2, the "Status when process is not running" option is not available. Upgrade to the latest version to get this functionality.