Server & Application Monitor (SAM) Getting Started Guide
This guide provides information to take you from installation to getting visibility to hardware health, asset inventory and operating and application performance, including customization. It is divided into two progressive objectives:
- Get started. Plan your implementation, install and configure SolarWinds SAM, and collect, alert and report on your mission-critical environment.
- Customize. Customize application templates, views, alerts, and reports.
Existing customers: Following the recommendations in this guide ensures your system capabilities are appropriate and your production environment is sized correctly. Minimum system requirements used during evaluation are not sufficient for a production environment. Access your licensed software from the SolarWinds Customer Portal. If you need implementation help, contact our Support Geeks.
Read this SolarWinds Customer Support article to learn how to properly open a support case and get your case the right level of visibility.
Evaluators: If you are evaluating SolarWinds SAM, download a free 30-day evaluation. The evaluation version of SolarWinds SAM is a full version of the product, functional for 30 days. After the evaluation period, you can easily convert your evaluation license to a production license by obtaining and applying a license key. If you need assistance with your evaluation, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The relationship between applications and templates
- Monitor Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Monitor your operating system
- Configure hardware health monitoring
- Monitor hardware health
- Plan to scale monitoring
- Investigate application performance with Performance Analysis
- Monitor cloud instances with SAM
Navigate your environment
Alerts and reports
Reduce alerting noise