You can manually deploy agents to a virtual machine using Remote Desktop Connection.
Requirements for manual agent deployment
- Agent-initiated communication: The poller must have a public IP address which is visible from the node with the agent installed. Port 17778 must be open on the poller.
- Server-initiated communication: The node with the agent installed must have a public IP address. Port 17790 must be open.
You can manually deploy the agent in one of two ways:
Install through the command prompt
- Click Settings > All Settings in the menu bar.
- Under Product Specific Settings, click Agent Settings > Download Agent Software.
- Click Windows, and click Next.
- Click Mass Deploy to Multiple Machines, and click Next.
- Download the MSI and MST files.
- Run a command prompt as administrator from the context menu.
- Enter the following command:
msiexec /i "SolarWinds-Agent.msi" TRANSFORMS="SolarWinds-Agent.mst"
Deploy the agent manually using the interactive wizard
Follow the instructions in Deploy the agent manually to a Windows computer.