Real-time Process Explorer polling times out.
SAM v5.0 and later
The following are the possible causes:
- By default, the Real-Time Process Explorer timeout period to start polling is one minute. If it takes longer than this, increasing the timeout period can help.
- The SAM version on the additional poller is older than the version on the primary poller.
- Consult your System Administrator before performing the following procedure.
- SolarWinds strongly recommends that you only edit the SolarWinds.APM.BusinessLayer.dll.config file as instructed. Any additional modifications may result in system performance issues or may create an error state.
- Save a copy of the original SolarWinds.APM.BusinessLayer.dll.config file to your local drive as a backup file, in case you need to roll back later.
- Increasing the timeout value to more than 2 minutes is not recommended unless other parameters are adjusted accordingly.
- Open the SolarWinds.APM.BusinessLayer.dll.config file in a text editor (c:\Program Files(x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\APM\).
- Insert the following line directly after the </configSections> line:
<realTimeProcessExplorer pollingTimeout="00:03:00" jobLifetime="00:05:00" reschedulePollingBeforeEnd="00:01:00" pollInterval="00:00:05"/>
- Restart the SolarWinds Orion Module Engine service to apply this change.
Alternatively, you can upgrade the version of SAM on all additional pollers.