Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article describes how to rebuild the Performance Counters because they are not working. Possible errors that you will see as a result of this are invalid class errors, or WMI/PerfMon counters showing as down when they should show as up.
Server 2003 and above.
1. Open a CMD Window as an Administrator on the target server and enter the following commands:
Note: This should not affect performance on the machine. This command resyncs the counter values.
2. Open up Regedit and navigate to the following registry key:
3. Make sure that the value (if it exists) for the Disable Performance Counters is not 1. If the entry does exist and the entry is 1, change it to 0 or delete that entry within the key. ** PLEASE NOTE ** make sure you contact your system administrator before making changes to the registry, and make sure that you back it up before you delete it.
4. Restart the Windows Management service.
5. Restart all Orion services.
Note: After completing the Microsoft instructions, a reboot is required.
If you are working with a Cold Fusion server, refer to the following instructions:
If these procedures fail, please contact Microsoft in order to resolve the issue with the server.