Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This video demonstrates how to monitor Active Directory using Server & Application Monitor.
SAM 6.2.4 and above
In this short video, we will be covering how to setup Active Directory monitoring, in Server & Application Monitor
Applications, like Active Directory, can be monitored once server nodes have been discovered through the Network Sonar Discovery process. This happens by simply mapping an Application Template to a node or group of nodes. This template assesses the health of Active Directory
Before you begin ensure the Network Sonar Discovery Wizard has discovered the node on which Active Directory is installed. And make sure that RCP and WMI can access the domain controller.
The rest of the process is straightforward.
On the SAM Summary Page, in the All Applications resource, click Manage Applications.
Once this page has loaded click Application Monitor Templates.
• From the list on the right select Active directory.
• Select the template that you want to assign. Then click Assign to Node or Assign to Group. For this example we will select Assign to Node.
• Find the node you want to assign the template to. You can use the Group by drop-down list to help locate a node, or try a search for the nodes name. Select the node then click the green arrow to move the node to the Selected Nodes list and click Next.
• At this point in the process you will need to select the credentials that the Application monitor will use. The options available are:
o To use WMI credentials you entered during discovery, click Inherit Credentials from Node.
o To use the template credentials, click Inherit Credentials from Template.
o Or create a new credential, by click Assign Custom Credential.
• Once you have chosen the correct credential option Click on Test to makes sure that credentials work.
• Once the test shows that credential is successfully proceed by clicking on Assign Application Monitors.
You will then see a summary screen to complete the process
Once the template has been assigned it will be displayed in your All Applications resource. Drill down to the application and click on the template that you have assigned. This will bring us to a view that provides a wealth of information about your Active Directory services.
If you would like to learn more about anything covered in this or any other video in the series, please visit our support page where you can find our admin guides, knowledge base and our community forums.