Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides steps to query specific values in a database using the SQL Server User Experience Monitor with custom queries.
Create a template:
1. Go to Settings > SAM Settings > Manage Templates.
2. Click Create New Template.
3. Name it SQL Server User Experience (custom).
4. Click Add Component Monitors.
5. In the Search field, enter SQL.
6. Select the SQL Server User Experience Monitor and click Add.
7. Enter the following information:
8. Click Submit.
Assign a template:
1. In the Application Monitor Template tab, click Custom.
2. Select the SQL Server User Experience (custom) template and click Assign to Node.
3. Select the node that represents your SQL Server and click the arrow button.
4. Click Next.
5. Click Assign Application Monitors.
You should now have a monitor sending a query to the desired database and table monitoring the numerical value in the first row of the first column.