Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides steps to monitor Oracle connection errors within Windows Event logs.
There is no true way to monitor an ODBC connection between an Oracle system and another server. However, there is a way to monitor for Oracle connection errors within the Windows Event logs.
The following steps describe how to assign the Errors in Application Event Log template to the system with the target Event Logs:
1. Go to Settings > SAM > SAM Settings > Manage Templates.
2. Search for Event log.
3. Select the following template and assign it to the Node: Errors in Application Event Log
4. Go to Settings > SAM > SAM Settings > Manage Applications.
5. Find the Errors in Application Event Log, select it and click Edit.
6. Open the Windows Event Log Monitor settings and set it as follows:
7. Leave everything else as is and click Submit.
For more information on the Windows Event Log, see Windows Event Log Monitor