Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to exclude individual objects from an alert, or alert on specific objects within your environment.
SAM version 6.2.0 or later
1. Open the Orion Web Console.
2. Go to Settings > Manage Alerts.
3. Click Add New Alert.
4. On the Properties tab, enter a Name of alert definition, and then click Next.
Note: All other fields are optional.
5. The Trigger Condition window appears. From the I want to alert on drop down list, select Component.
Note: This should be set to the proper level for the alert you are configuring.
For specific nodes, applications, components and custom properties:
1. In the actual trigger section, select Component or Application in the second drop down list. Select Browse all Objects for a specific node or a custom property.
2. Select Browse all Objects to see the available alerts based on the objects selected.
The following is the Select field/event window targeting different nodes, applications and components names:
Custom Property Name (Node)
The following are examples of a scope:
Node - Node Name - is equal to - XYZ
This alert will only target nodes that have a name equivalent to XYZ.
Node - Node Name - is not equal to - XYZ
This alert will target everything except this specific node.
Continue with the rest of your alert trigger configurations. The number of objects the alert will trigger is visible in the Summary page.
Test your alerts before implementing them to your environment.