Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
Updated: June 23, 2016
This article provides steps to create a report for Applications created within SAM and their Components. The Applications are grouped by Nodes.
All versions of SAM
1. From the Orion web interface, go to Settings > Manage Reports.
2. Click Create New Report.
3. On step 1, select the Custom Table Resource and click SELECT AND CONTINUE.
4. On step 2, select Advanced Database Query (SQL, SWQL), select SQL and paste the following query:
SELECT dbo.Nodes.NodeID, dbo.Nodes.Caption AS 'Server Name',dbo.APM_Application.Name AS 'Application Name', dbo.APM_Component.Name AS 'Component Name'
INNER JOIN dbo.APM_Application
LEFT JOIN dbo.APM_Component
ORDER BY dbo.Nodes.Caption, dbo.APM_Application.Name ASC
5. Click ADD TO LAYOUT.
6. On the Edit Resource page, click Add Column.
7. Select the following resource and click Continue:
8. Set the Group results by to Server Name then by Application Name.
9. Click Submit.
10. Give the Report a Title and click NEXT.
11. Proceed through the rest of the Add Report wizard.
You should now have a Report that lists all Applications and their Components. The Applications should be grouped by Node.