Updated April 11, 2017
The user is unable to connect to the Serv-U file server
All Serv-U versions
The issue is caused by either of the following:
- Windows Server 2003 has an Enhanced Security Configuration (ESC) feature that causes the Serv-U Management Console to stop responding while Serv-U configuration options are loading. A message displays in the Management Console to notify administrators that ESC is enabled.
- Security settings for the Intranet zone of Internet Explorer limits access to communication within the Intranet server and Serv-U.
Perform the applicable solution from the following:
- In your desktop, go to the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Clear the Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration option, and then click Next.
Add Serv-U File Server 127.0.0.1 in the list of trusted sites
- Open an Internet Explorer browser.
- Click Tools (Gear icon) > Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then select Trusted Sites.
- Click Sites > Add.
127.0.0.1 to the list.
- Click OK.
- Set Security Setting for Trusted Sites to Low.