This article describes the steps for troubleshooting Serv-U Gateway.
The Gateway writes a limited bootstrap log here:
Some Useful tests
- Check that Serv-U Gateway Windows Service is running.
- Check that Serv-U Gateway is listening on TCP port 1180 and is bound to the expected IP address(es).
- Check that network firewalls and routers permit TCP access over port 1180 from Serv-U to Serv-U Gateway.
- Check that local firewalls permit TCP access over port 1180 from Serv-U to Serv-U Gateway.
If you do not see your Serv-U Gateway IP address listed in a new Listener's IP Address drop-down.
- Make sure that Serv-U is connecting to Serv-U Gateway OK. (E.g., a green icon in the Gateway list.)
- Make sure your Serv-U Gateway machine has at least one public IP address.
The name of the Windows Service is "Serv-U Gateway". Try:
net stop "Serv-U Gateway"
net start "Serv-U Gateway"
The default port Serv-U Gateway listens on is TCP 1180. Try:
netstat -an | findstr 1180