Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article provides brief information and steps to resolve the following error:
Unable to start EminentWare Data Grid Server, Error: 1064.
EminentWare Data Grid Server did not successfully start using a newly created account.
All Patch Manager versions
The service account they were using was not in the database and wouldn't have had sufficient rights to start the service by itself.
To reset the password for the default EminentWare Data Grid Server service account please see the following page:
1. Open the EminentWare.DataGridService.logs to see what was happening with the service.
The default location is C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\PM\Log\EminentWare.DataGridService.
Find that the user account that was trying to start the service wasn't listed in the SQL Management Studio logins.
2. Create the account to match what was listed in the log file in SQL and give it DB Owner and Sysadmin rights and link it to the EminentWare database.
3. Click Start > Run, and enter Secpol.msc to open the Local Security Policy.
4. Go to Local Policies > User Rights Assignment > Log on as a service.
Note: The name created in SQL Management Studio must be listed here so it can start the service.
5. Open Regedit and go to HKLM > Software > EminentWare > Data Grid Service > Roles > Application > Data.
6. Delete MEKey and MPKey. This will clear the password bank for Patch Manager.
7. Go to Services. Select and highlight the EminentWare Data Grid Server and go to Properties.
8. Go to Log on tab, switch this to your newly created account in this format:
domain\name and put in the password and click OK.
You should now be able to start the service successfully.