Invalid namespace when attempting to use WSUS Server Publishing Wizard/Verification Wizard (can also be related to error 6 Access Denied Issues)
Notes on Issue 8: EminentWare Data Grid Server service not started - RPC error.
When launching the Administrative console for Patch Manager you may get an RPC error:
This relates to the EminentWare Data Grid Server service not being started. Try to start the service, if you get an error, proceed below:
- Error 1064 is common whenever there are changes to the service account running the Eminentware DataGrid Serivce.
- Error 1053 is common when there are issues connecting to the SQL database (permissions, networking, services on the server, configuration, etc).
If the task errors out the status will typically contain details as to the issue. For ground up troubleshooting steps:
- Be sure you can ping from the Patch Manager Server to the client machine.
- Check for firewalls blocking ports: Windows, A/V, physical, others
- Check Credential Ring for Domain Admin account
- wbemtest to verify general WMI connectivity.
- Verify the SolarWinds WMI providers are installed and match the Patch Manager server version.
Two primary causes:
- Patching level mismatch. During publishing if you select the option for "Verify WSUS version compatibility and required signing certificate is distributed" it will show the client and server API mismatch such as version 6.3.XXXX versus 6.3.YYYY. If that is the case you will need to make sure that the Patch Manager and WSUS servers have the latest Microsoft updates. If you see a 3.X API version versus a 6.X version you will need to review option 2 below.
- Operating System mismatch (example: Patch Manager is on a 2012 server and WSUS is on a 2008 server). During publishing if you select the option for "Verify WSUS version compatibility and required signing certificate is distributed" it will show the client and server API mismatch such as version 3.X API version versus a 6.X version you will need to install an Automation Server role or otherwise resolve the OS mismatch.