Deadlines for updates via WSUS create a method of enforcing an update so a customer cannot postpone an update indefinitely.
All Patch Manager versions
Setting a deadline for a package happens during the approval process.
From the Patch Console:
- Expand Enterprise > Update Services > <WSUS Server> > Updates.
- Select the appropriate update filter, such as Third Party Updates.
- Right click on the update and select Approve.
- Select the group that you would like to approve the update for.
- Approve the update.
- In the menu, select Deadline and select the desired Deadline.
- Select OK.
- Follow the wizard to click OK and exit the prompt once success is returned.