Patch Manager Getting Started Guide
Welcome to the Patch Manager Getting Started Guide. This guide will help you configure Patch Manager to meet your needs.
Evaluators: Download a free 30-day evaluation. The evaluation version is a full version of the product, functional for 30 days. If you evaluate SolarWinds Patch Manager on a Windows Server operating system, you can easily convert your evaluation license to a production license by obtaining and applying a license key. If you need assistance with your evaluation, contact Customer Sales.
Read the SolarWinds Customer Support Information article to learn how to properly open a support case and get your case the right level of visibility.
Get StartedPDF version
Use this guide to configure SolarWinds Patch Manager on a Windows server running WSUS. See the SolarWinds Patch Manager Administrator Guide for details about configuring SolarWinds Patch Manager on a server running SCCM.
Configure your environment
- Verify your WSUS installation
- Add WSUS server to Patch Manager
- Provision additional servers
- Create Automation Server routing rules
- Populate the default credential ring
- Generate a software publishing certificate
- (Optional) Configure the group policy to enable third-party updates
- (Optional) Publish the group policy updates