Some packages from the SolarWinds third-party update catalog do not include a direct-download link for the corresponding update. In these cases, the Package Details tab in the Patch Manager console displays the URL for this KB article in the Download URL field. When you click Download Content for these updates, Patch Manager opens the Package Download Assistant to guide you through the process of downloading and importing the content. The following procedure outlines the general steps involved in this process.
To download package content without a direct-download link:
- In the Patch Manager console, select a package that does not include a direct-download link in the Package Details.
- In the right pane, click Download Content.
- On the Download Assistant dialog, click OK to proceed.
- In the Package Download Assistant window, note the URL(s) in the Links section. Most packages only refer to one URL; others may refer to several if additional information or resources are available.
- Double-click the download URL to open the vendor's downloads page in your default web browser.
- Download and extract the update file(s) from the vendor's web page. The Package Download Assistant window provides more detailed instructions for this step if necessary.
Important: Note the location to which you extract the file(s).
- Return to the Package Download Assistant window, and then click Import Source.
- Browse to the folder you specified in Step 6.
Note: The Select the downloaded package file dialog pre-fills the file name based on the package you selected. All you have to do is browse to the folder, and then click Open.
- If you selected multiple packages for which to download content, repeat Steps 7 and 8 for each package you selected.
- Click OK.