Hide this message
Looking to compare latest NPM features with previous versions of NPM?
The NPM new feature summary offers a comparison of new features and improvements offered with this release.
This article describes the issue about the following error:
Please create a master key in the database or open the master key in the session before performing this operation
Patch Manager version 2.1
This issue occurs when the encryption/connection to SQL has been removed or broken.
1. Open Regeditand navigate to HKLM\Software\Eminentware\Data Grid Service\Roles\Application\Data.
Warning: Consult your System Administrator before performing this procedure.
2. Delete the MEKey and the MPKey
3. Restart theEminentWare DataGrid Service. This should regenerate the encryption to the database.
4. Once the service is started, reset the passwords in the credential list.
5. Navigate to Patch Manager System Configuration > Security and User Management > Credentials >select each account and right-click Change Password.