Complete the following procedure to enable logging on the clients you manage with Patch Manager. Generally, only complete this procedure upon the request of SolarWinds Support.
All Patch Manager versions
To enable logging on a Patch Manager client:
- Log onto the client computer as an administrator.
- Open Registry Editor: Start > Run > regedit.
- In the left pane, select Logging under:
- For 32-bit clients:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > EminentWare
- For 64-bit clients:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EminentWare
- In the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to create the following entries:
- In the right pane, select Enable.
- In the Edit menu, select Modify.
- In the Value data field, enter
- Click OK.
- Repeat Steps 7-10 for the following Name-Value pairs:
After you enable logging, deploy the update to the client again, and then check
ProgramData\Solarwinds\PM\Log\PackageBoot (for PM 2.1) or
Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install (for PM 2.0 or earlier) for a log file similar to:
Important: After you have reproduced the error, turn off logging by setting Enabled to
0 in Registry Editor.
To send the log files to SolarWinds Support:
Note: This process does not automatically notify Support when you upload files to the Secure File Exchange website. If you have already established email communication with Support about this issue, please reply to the existing email thread to notify them that you have uploaded the files. Otherwise, place a similar comment in your case.
- If your files are 4 MB or smaller, email them directly to your existing Support case or create a new case with Support.
Note: If you have already established email communication with Support about this issue, please reply to the existing email thread.
- If your files are greater than 4 MB, complete the following procedure:
- Navigate to solarwinds.leapfile.com.
- Click Secure Upload.
firstname.lastname@example.org in the Recipient Email field.
- Click Start.
- Complete the Secure Upload form, and then click Select files to send (Regular Upload).
- Click Choose File, and then select the files you want to upload.
- Click Open.
- Repeat this process for all of the files you want to send to Support.
- If you have finished selecting files, click Upload & Send.