This article describes the issue when the Automation Server fails to perform work even though the rules are set correctly.
Patch Manager version 1.85
Create outing rules for the subnets:
- Go to Patch Manager System Configuration > Management Groups > select your Managed Enterprise.
- Select Automation Server Routing Rules.
- In the Actions Pane, select Add Subnet Routing Rule.
- Type in the info on each subnet or see step 5.
- If you have many subnets to add, you can browse your AD by clicking Browse and your subnets is displayed for you to select when you click on your AD, and selecting the site on the right.
- Double-click the Subnets to add them to them to the bottom half of the right pane.
- Click OK.
- Once your subnets have been added, click OK until you get to the Set Automation Server for routing rule and rule type.
- Put a check in the box for the corresponding Automation Server and in Absolute Rule.
- Click OK.
If the above steps do not work, try removing the AS and reinstalling it:
Uninstall Patch Manager on the Automation Server.
Delete the Eminent ware registry key: Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/EminentWare
Delete any remaning patch manager files in program files.
Run SQL Management Studio and clear record for PAS from dbo.gc_device and dbo.device (do it for both DB: Primary and Automation).