Importing .UnDP files into the Device Studio fails with the following error:
You cannot import a UnDP poller into Device Studio.
- Device Studio uses different design than UnDP, and is not backwards compatible with UnDP.
- Device Studio currently supports pollers that instrument CPU and Memory only. If your existing UnDP pertains to CPU or Memory, use Device Studio to create a new poller with the OID included in your UnDP file.
Do the following steps to recreate a CPU/Memory UnDP using Device Studio:
- Open the UnDP file in the UnDP application in the SolarWinds program group (SolarWinds Orion > Network Performance Monitor > Universal Device Poller).
- Click on a relevant poller in your list of existing pollers.
- Note the OID.
- Open Orion Web Console Settings.
- Click Manage Pollers.
- Click Add a Poller.
- Follow the wizard prompts. Use the OID you noted to create the new poller.